Home Remedies for Joint Pain
There are several reasons behind joint pains. Some of the most common reasons are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, tendinitis, a sprain, a strain or other external injury injuring the ligaments of the joints. The joints in the region of knees, hips and shoulders get most affected. There can be pain, swelling and stiffness in the muscles connected with the joints. Here are some home remedies for joint pain.
Home Remedies for Joint Pain
- Diet modification: Our main aim is to have anti-inflammatory diet so that we can get relief from the symptoms of joint pain. Our diet should contain omega-3 fatty acids containing foods like fish, walnuts and chia seeds. These foods will reduce the inflammation of the body. We can also include fresh fruits and vegetables in our diet which provides the much needed antioxidants. Our food should also be rich in vitamin D. We can also sit in early morning sun to get the naturally available vitamin D.
- Cayenne: It has natural pain relieving properties and works like an analgesic. Mix two tablespoon of cayenne pepper powder in half cup of warm coconut oil. Apply this paste on the affected area and leave it as it is for about 20 minutes then rinse it. Doing his few times in a week will give relief from the pain caused by joint pains. However we should not apply this paste on open wounds as it can cause burning sensation.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: It has anti-inflammatory properties. It removes the toxins form the joints and the connecting tissues. We can directly massage it over the affected area few times in a day to reduce the swelling and pain. We can also add few drops of apple cider vinegar and honey in one cup of warm water and have it daily twice.
- Massage: The best way to get relief from all kinds of joint pains it to massage the affected joints. We can select any oil and warm it a bit. Gently massage it into the skin and then have warm bath. This will give soothing effect from pain.
- Hot and Cold Compress: This is another best home remedy for treating joint pains. The painful joints can get relief by applying hot and cold compresses over the affected area. First we should pour warm water over the paining joints for about 3 minutes, then pour cold water for about 2 minutes and repeat this cycle for about half an hour daily.
Benefits of Divya Yograj Guggulu
Divya Yograj Guggulu is a traditional herb for treating arthritis. It cures the joint pains and reduces the muscle stiffness. Some other uses of this remedy are as follows –
- It is very effective in treating joint pains.
- It can be taken by people of all age group.
- It has no side effects.
- It relieves the pain in the muscles.
- It is also effective in treating diseases of the joints caused due to hereditary reasons.
- It is safe and is made from herbal remedies.
- It increases the strength of the joints.