Hyperacidity is a common problem faced by large numbers of people in relation to their digestive system. It is a condition when the level of hydrochloric acid in the stomach rises beyond normal permissible limits. Although it is an important digestive acid which is required for the normal and proper process of digestion in the body however excess secretion of this acid by the digestive cells leads to the problem of hyperacidity. Under normal circumstances, this acid helps in breaking down of larger food particles into smaller ones so that these may be easily digested by the body. Excess production or secretion of this acid leads to disturbance in the entire functioning of the digestive system. In the language of layman, hyperacidity is also referred to as simply acidity. In medical science, it is also sometimes referred to as heartburn.
Hyperacidity is mainly triggered due to intake of excessively spicy, junk, greasy or oily foods. All these lead to malfunctioning of the digestive cells that are provoked to secrete excess of digestive juices. Consequently, the condition of hyperacidity arises. The concerned person complains of constant feeling of burning in the chest region as well as in the stomach. Apart from this, there is feeling of nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, inflammation, irritation and itching in the stomach. In some cases, there is constant sour water coming from the mouth due to acid reflux action. Inflammation of the stomach lining or membrane is the chief responsible for causing hyperacidity.
Possible risk factors for hyperacidity
As stated above, there are multiple risk factors that lead to the condition of hyperacidity. The chief reasons out of these may include-
- Consumption of excessively spicy or sour foods
- Too much dependence upon white flour sugars and white flour products
- Intake of incompatible foods such as fish and milk or milk and salt
- Excessive smoking
- Too much intake of tea, coffee or other caffeinated drinks
- Too much intake of alcohol
- Mental states such as stress, anger, anxiousness and depression
- Suppression of natural urges such as passing of stools, urination, sneezing etc.
- Sleeping during daytime especially after intake of meals
- Intake of foods when there is indigestion
- Skipping the meals
- Staying awake late at night
- Gastro duodenal ulcer
- Too much exposure to direct sunlight that leads to dehydration in the body
- Inactivity or lack physical activity
- Disturbed sleeping that has an adverse effect on the stomach
Chief signs and Symptoms of hyperacidity
There are certain signs and symptoms that may be considered to confirm the presence of hyperacidity in the body. These may include-
- Lack or loss of appetite
- Pain in the abdomen
- Sour eructation
- Nausea and vomiting
- Constant feeling of burning in the chest
- Too much tiredness and exhaustion
- Feeling of tightness in the chest
- Feeling of uneasiness and chest pain
- Stiffness in the stomach
- State of indigestion
- State of restlessness
Health package for hyperacidity
Swami Ramdev Ji has offered a wonderful health package for those who suffer from the problem of hyperacidity more often. It is totally an organic herbal formula that helps in keeping digestive system in proper working order so that excess secretion of digestive juices such as hydrochloric acid may be prevented and controlled. This in turn prevents occurrence of hyperacidity. The major herbal formulas which are used to cure hyperacidity in the ayurvedic medical world include Divya Mukta Sukti Bhasm, Divya Avipattikara Churna and Divya Moti Pisti.
All these herbal formulas are totally safe and do not produce any side-effects on any of the body parts or organs and specifically the digestive system. It has been prepared only from the organic or natural ingredients so as to get rid of the problem of hyperacidity in a totally safe manner. The herbs present in this health package that is in fact a marvellous gift from the pharmacy of Baba Ramdev Ji help in offering great relief from the signs and symptoms of hyperacidity. It is suitable for people of all ages and hence can be used by anyone.
Home remedies for Hyperacidity
- Drink plenty of water so that as it helps in soothing down the stomach.
- You may consider chewing small piece of jiggery after the meals as it aids in offering great relief from hyperacidity.
- Drink cold milk to get relief from the burning sensation in the stomach and the chest. Even you may consider taking a mixture of rock candy, fennel and green cardamom along with cold milk to get relieved of heartburn.
- Consume a banana daily when you are suffering from hyperacidity.
- Avoid spicy, sour or indigestible foods.
- Do not consume curd at night as it disturbs the pH balance in the stomach.
- Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol and such other drinks that are rich in caffeine content.